Cagayan Freeport – The Cagayan Special Economic Zone and Freeport is an ideal location to new and existing industries in the new normal. By serving new needs in new ways during this pandemic, CEZA’s retooling of resources and talents have been undertaken to be an effective investment promotions agency amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
1.) MANUFACTURING ACTIVITIES: This covers the manufacture of industrial goods and also covers the manufacture of modular housing components and machinery and equipment inside the Cagayan Freeport Zone.
A. Essential Goods
• Sanitation Equipment
B. Essential Goods
• Packaging Materials
• IT Equipment
• High-Technology Industries
2.) AGRICULTURE, FISHERY, FORESTRY including AGRO-PROCESSING: This covers commercial production of agricultural, fishery and forestry products as food production has always been a crucial part of the economy (including processed food) that can be promoted and established inside the Cagayan Freeport Zone.
• Farm equipment and machinery
• Agricultural Innovations
• Swine and Poultry Production and Processing
• Hybrid Crop Production
• Distribution and marketing/p>
• Bamboo Production and Processing
3.) INFRASTRUCTURE: This covers the establishment and operation of physical infrastructure vital to economic development and prosperity inside the Cagayan Freeport Zone
• Pipeline projects for oil and gas including Oil Depot
• Bulk water treatment and supply
• Testing Laboratories
• Training facilities
4.) PORT LOGISTICS: This covers industries engaged in port transshipment, freight forwarding, cargo handling, warehousing and storage inside the Cagayan Freeport Zone.
• Petroleum transshipment storage, export and import
• Nanotechnology including Nano electronics
• Available spaces for storage and warehousing at the CEZA 3- Four Units Warehouse and Offices
• Cold storage facility operations for meat/ fish processing plants, meat importers and other perishable products
5.) INNOVATION DRIVERS: This covers research and development and activities adopting advanced digital production technologies of the fourth industrial revolution such as but not limited to:
• Establishment of Centers of Excellence
• Artificial Intelligence
• Data Analytics
• Digital Transformative Technologies ( cloud computing services, hyperscalers, data centers, digital infrastructures)/p>
• Smart Cities
• Fabrication Laboratories
And with the Master Development Plan of Cagayan Freeport in which five (5) districts have been identified ( Port Irene District, Centro District, San Vicente District: Marina and Resorts and the Sinago District) together with the Comprehensive Land Use Plan of CEZA and the Local Government Unit of Santa Ana, development of key infrastructure components will surely make the Cagayan Special Economic Zone and Freeport an enclave of pleasant business areas and living communities balancing work and play.
It has its own unique competitive advantage and economic development objectives which promotes a huge number of sectors reflecting the strongest competitiveness and prospects for investments.
Ultimately, it will become a gateway to the international markets for the products of East Asia and a hub for investment, tourism and recreation together with the promotion of environmental sustainability.